When’s the last time you got excited about a 4oz bottle of shampoo? We thought so.
Hotels are stepping up their game to pique the interest of travelers looking for something out of the box. Here’s our top 10 picks for coolest hotel amenities:
- It’s all about you. The Roxy Hotel (NY) supplies personalized VIP gifts to guests who request. Great bonus to a weekend away!
- In Mexico? Exercise your painting skills at San Miguel de Allende’s Artesana Private Residencies, where they supply easels and materials to create a little art during your stay.
- Make friends with a robot. At the Hilton McLean Tyson’s Corner (DC) you’ll be greeted by a concierge robot. Help train that robot with your hotel-specific question.
- Need air? Boston’s Revere Hotel offers up a personal oxygen device (POD) to give a little extra O2 to your touristy explorations.
- Time for a culture stop! Multiple Le Meridien hotels supply guests with a card for free access to nearby cultural centers.
- Likewise, many Kimpton Hotels not only stock closets with yoga mats but offer a service to roll out your mat, replenish with drinks, and find the on-demand yoga channel for you. Now you have to stretch!
- Nothing beats a free bike rental to see New York with extra speed. The Bowery Hotel equips guests who’d like to go for a spin with nice bright-red bikes.
- Bee friendly. A stay at the Seaport Boston Hotel can include accommodations underneath one million bees (safe in their hives). Enjoy a bee pollen smoothie shot before you check out.
- Got soap? A stay at Viceroy Riviera Maya in Mexico is a treat for guests who enjoy selecting a personalized bar based on their scent preferences. Not to be missed: the Mayan blessing when you arrive.
- Austin’s Westin Downtown has something for the musically inclined: rooftop guitar lessons from local bands. Plus, premiere access to top-notch venues. That’s an amenity to be remembered.