City Landlord Insurance
For your smaller urban real estate.
Not sure if this is the right program?
Select a program to check coverage in your area.
For your City Housing Owners
Our City Landlord Insurance program addresses the needs of property owners (who are also landlords) with two to 100 units, including mixed use, in designated cities. Easy, online submit-quote-bind makes it efficient and simple to get your clients covered.
Available in 17 designated cities across the nation, this program provides comprehensive coverage with a range of value-added benefits.
The right coverage for your city landlord clients.
2 - 100
2 to 100 Units
what kind of Real Estate?
Designed for the following City property types:
Single or Multiple Locations
No Age-Limit on Building
Sedgwick Repair Services.
With access to Sedgwick Repair Services, insureds can repair or renovate with confidence. Sedgwick provides recommendations for local vetted and certified tradespeople.
Includes Specific Coverages.
In a city environment, it is important to have coverages like Crime and Building Ordinance, to give your clients the kind of protection they need.
Yes on Mixed-Use.
Mixed-use buildings are common in the city, retail on the ground level, habitational on the upper levels. City Landlord Insurance covers these types of property.
The Sweet Spot.
Around 95% of habitational units in the city are mixed-use, with two to 15 units. That also happens to be our sweet spot and most competitive segment.
- Competitively priced package policy that includes coverage for Equipment Breakdown, Back-up of Sewer and Drains, & Ordinance or Law A, B & C
- Policy holders have access to vetted, qualified tradespeople via Sedgwick Repair Services
- Easy-to-complete application on our on-line portal
- Automatic renewal process
- Availability of Personal Lines forms for owner-occupied properties for contents coverage and additional liability coverage
- NEW! Now permitting pools (subject to safety requirements)
- Replacement Cost valuation
- Electronic policy delivery
- "All risk" policy form unless the loss or damage is excluded or limited by other provisions
- Ordinance or Law
- Included loss to undamaged portion of building
- Additional limits for demolition cost
- Additional limits for increased cost of construction
- Replacement Cost with Agreed amount endorsement
- Back-up of Sewers and Drains included
- Minimum AOP deductible $1,000 with $2,500 water damage deductible; AOP deductible options up to $10,000
- Terrorism (TRIA) coverage included automatically
- Equipment Breakdown/building machinery, heating/cooling systems, miscellaneous electrical apparatus
- Size: 2-100 units, sweet spot is 2-15 units, $1M-$3M properties, and can include ground floor mercantile
- Construction: joisted masonry or better; no age limit on building, subject to system upgrades
- Brick veneer in Denver, CO; Minneapolis and St. Paul, MN
- Frame in San Francisco, CA; Los Angeles, CA; Portland, OR; Seattle, WA; and Boston, MA (condos only)
- Classes: apartment buildings, condos, co-ops, brownstones, mixed use
- TIV up to $25M
|Baltimore, MD||Chicago, IL||Denver, CO|
|Boston, MA||Minneapolis, MN||Los Angeles, CA|
|NJ Gold Coast*||St. Louis, MO||Portland, OR|
|Philadelphia, PA||St. Paul, MN||San Francisco, CA|
|Washington, DC||Kansas City, MO||Seattle, WA|
|Pittsburgh, PA||San Diego, CA|
* Jersey City, Hoboken, Weehawken, West New York, Union City, North Bergen, Cliffside Part, Fort Lee, Bayonne and Edgewater
- $1M per occurrence/$2M aggregate on Bodily Injury, Property Damage, Personal and Advertising Injury
- Medical Payments
- Employee Benefits Liability optional
- Hired & Non-Owned Automobile optional
- $1M per occurrence
- Personal Inland Marine (fine arts, furs, jewelry, silver, bicycles, antiques, musical instruments, cameras)
- Additional Living Expense
- Optional & flexible Flood and Quake coverage - sublimit applied and extended after underwriter review
- Employee Benefits
It's easy. Just go to our online portal and get started. If you haven't registered as a broker, you'll need to do that first. And if you need any help, we're here.