City Condominium Insurance
Addressing the needs of city housing.
For your City Housing Owners
Our City Condo Insurance program addresses the needs of property owners with two to 100 units, including mixed-use, in designated cities. Easy, online submit-quote-bind makes it efficient and simple to get your clients covered.
Property owners in the urban environment have specific coverage needs. Ensure your city dwelling clients have the right coverage.
The right coverage for your city condo clients.
2 to 100 Units
what kind of Real Estate?
Designed for the following city property types:
Single or Multiple Locations
No Age-Limit on Building
Sedgwick Repair Services.
Policy holders have access to Sedgwick Repair Services, enabling them to repair or renovate their properties with confidence. Sedgwick provides recommendations for local vetted and certified tradespeople.
In a city environment, it is important to have Condo Insurance coverages like Crime and Building Ordinance, to give your clients the kind of protection they need.
Yes on Mixed-Use.
Mixed-use buildings are common in the city, retail on the ground level, habitational on the upper levels. City Condo covers these.
The Sweet Spot.
Around 95% of habitational units in the city are mixed-use with two to 15 units. And that also happens to be our sweet spot and most competitive segment.
- Availability of Personal Lines forms for owner-occupied properties for contents coverage and additional liability coverage
- NEW! Now permitting pools (subject to safety requirements)
- Policy holders have access to vetted, qualified tradespeople via Sedgwick Repair Services
- Competitively priced package policy that includes coverage for Equipment Breakdown, Back-up of Sewer and Drains, & Ordinance or Law A, B & C
- Replacement Cost valuation
- Electronic policy delivery
- Easy-to-complete application on our on-line portal
- Automatic renewal process
- "All risk" policy form unless the loss or damage is excluded or limited by other provisions
- Ordinance or Law
- Included loss to undamaged portion of building
- Additional limits for demolition cost
- Additional limits for increased cost of construction
- Replacement Cost with Agreed amount endorsement
- Back-up of Sewers and Drains included
- Minimum AOP deductible $1,000 with $2,500 water damage deductible; AOP deductible options up to $10,000
- Terrorism Foreign/Domestic (included automatically)
- Equipment Breakdown/building machinery, heating/cooling systems, miscellaneous electrical apparatus
- Size: 2-100 units, sweet spot is 2-15 units, $1M-$3M properties, and can include ground floor mercantile
- Construction: joisted masonry or better; no age limit on building, subject to system upgrades
- Brick veneer in Denver, CO; Minneapolis and St. Paul, MN
- Frame in San Francisco, CA; Los Angeles, CA; Portland, OR; Seattle, WA; and Boston, MA (condos only)
- Classes: apartment buildings, condos, co-ops, brownstones, mixed use
- TIV up to $25M
|Baltimore, MD||Chicago, IL||Denver, CO|
|Boston, MA||Minneapolis, MN||Los Angeles, CA|
|NJ Gold Coast*||St. Louis, MO||Portland, OR|
|Philadelphia, PA||St. Paul, MN||San Francisco, CA|
|Washington, DC||Kansas City, MO||Seattle, WA|
|Pittsburgh, PA||San Diego, CA|
* Jersey City, Hoboken, Weehawken, West New York, Union City, North Bergen, Cliffside Part, Fort Lee, Bayonne and Edgewater
- $1M per occurrence/$2M aggregate on Bodily Injury, Property Damage, Personal and Advertising Injury
- Medical Payments
- Employee Benefits Liability optional
- Hired & Non-Owned Automobile optional
- $1M per occurrence
- Personal Inland Marine (fine arts, furs, jewelry, silver, bicycles, antiques, musical instruments, cameras)
- Additional Living Expense
- Optional & flexible Flood and Quake coverage - sub-limit applied and extended after underwriter review
- Employee Benefits
It's easy. Just go to our online portal and get started. If you haven't registered as a broker, you'll need to do that first. And if you need any help, we're here.