City Multi-Family Landlord Insurance
For small urban real estate, including mixed-use.
For your City Housing Owners
Our City Multi-Family Insurance program addresses the needs of property owners with two to four units, including mixed-use, in designated cities. Easy, online submit-quote-bind makes it efficient and simple to get your clients covered.
With this coverage, both owner- and tenant-occupied properties are eligible. When owner-occupied, you get unique coverage that extends to both commercial and personal liability.
Protecting your clients' personal assets.
2 - 100
2 to 100 Units
what kind of Real Estate?
The City Multi-Family Insurance program was designed for:
• Multi-Family Properties
Single or Multiple Locations
No Age-Limit On Building
Sedgwick Repair Services.
Policy holders have access to Sedgwick Repair Services, enabling them to repair or renovate their properties with confidence. They'll get recommendations for local vetted and certified tradespeople.
Includes Personal Liability.
With this coverage, your owner-occupied clients will have liability protection that extends to your clients' personal assets, including personal inland marine – their most valuable assets.
Customizable With Options.
You'll be able to customize coverage for your clients based on their needs, including adding Flood, Earthquake, Auto (hired/non-owned), Additional Living Expense and more in a single policy.
Exterior Inspections Only.
Making it easy for your clients, with this coverage we'll only need to do an exterior inspection. That means your clients won't need to provide access to the building or apartments.
- Competitively priced package policy that includes coverage for Equipment Breakdown, Back-up of Sewer and Drains, & Ordinance or Law A, B & C
- Policy holders have access to vetted, qualified tradespeople via Sedgwick Repair Services
- Easy-to-complete application on our on-line portal
- Automatic renewal process
- Availability of Personal Lines forms for owner-occupied properties for contents coverage and additional liability coverage
- NEW! Now permitting pools (subject to safety requirements)
- Replacement Cost valuation
- Electronic policy delivery
- "All risk" policy form unless the loss or damage is excluded or limited by other provisions
- Ordinance or Law
- Included loss to undamaged portion of building
- Additional limits for demolition cost
- Additional limits for increased cost of construction
- Replacement Cost with Agreed amount endorsement
- Back-up of Sewers and Drains included
- Minimum AOP deductible $1,000 with $2,500 water damage deductible; AOP deductible options up to $10,000
- Terrorism (TRIA) coverage included automatically
- Equipment Breakdown/building machinery, heating/cooling systems, miscellaneous electrical apparatus
- Optional & flexible Flood and Quake coverage - sub-limit applied and extended after underwriter review
- Employee Benefits
- Size: 2-100 units, sweet spot is 2-15 units, $1M-$3M properties, and can include ground floor mercantile
- Construction: joisted masonry or better; no age limit on building, subject to system upgrades
- Brick veneer in Denver, CO; Minneapolis and St. Paul, MN
- Frame in San Francisco, CA; Los Angeles, CA; Portland, OR; Seattle, WA; and Boston, MA (condos only)
- Classes: apartment buildings, condos, co-ops, brownstones, mixed use
- TIV up to $25M
|Baltimore, MD||Chicago, IL||Denver, CO|
|Boston, MA||Minneapolis, MN||Los Angeles, CA|
|NJ Gold Coast*||St. Louis, MO||Portland, OR|
|Philadelphia, PA||St. Paul, MN||San Francisco, CA|
|Washington, DC||Kansas City, MO||Seattle, WA|
|Pittsburgh, PA||San Diego, CA|
* Jersey City, Hoboken, Weehawken, West New York, Union City, North Bergen, Cliffside Part, Fort Lee, Bayonne and Edgewater
- $1M per occurrence/$2M aggregate on Bodily Injury, Property Damage, Personal and Advertising Injury
- Medical Payments
- Employee Benefits Liability optional
- Hired & Non-owned Automobile optional
- $1M per occurrence
- Personal Inland Marine (fine arts, furs, jewelry, silver, bicycles, antiques, musical instruments, cameras)
- Additional Living Expense
It's easy. Just go to our online portal and get started. If you haven't registered as a broker, you'll need to do that first. And if you need any help, we're here.