Contractors Pollution Liability Insurance (CPL)
Distinguished's Contractor's Pollution Legal Liability Plus (CPL) protects against environmental liabilities that are not typically covered by a general liability policy.
Shield Your Contracting Business from Environmental Risks with CPL Insurance
The CPL policy protects against environmental liabilities not covered by general liability insurance. It covers clean-up costs, bodily injury, property damage, business interruption, and legal expenses from pollution or indoor contaminant incidents caused by contracting services or completed operations.
Why Choose Distinguished for Environmental Insurance Coverage?
Distinguished's Environmental and Construction Professional team of underwriters, engineers, geologists, environmental scientists, and insurance professionals have over 300 years of combined environmental, construction, and insurance-related experience to provide solutions tailored to protect your business from its unique environmental and professional exposures. Using a customer-focused approach and state-of-the-art systems enables us to provide a full suite of products to provide coverage for fixed facilities, contracting services, and professional liability with both primary and excess capabilities.
In-house underwriting for quick turnaround
24/7 Emergency Response Support
You're just a few clicks away from becoming a Distinguished Broker Partner. It's easy with our online registration.
- Register your agency if not already registered
- Download the Contractors Pollution and Professional Liability Application
- Complete and submit to Douglas Stepenosky, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Occurrence pollution coverage for third-party claims
- The first-party trigger for pollution discovered by the Insured Coverage for clean-up costs incurred on an emergency basis Coverage for mold and legionella
- Indemnity coverage for pollution protective loss arising from a pollution condition or indoor contaminant condition resulting from subcontracted contracting services
- Business interruption coverage at owned locations and contingent business interruption coverage at job sites
- Facility coverage for owned locations and equipment yards Occurrence of the non-owned disposal site and transportation coverages
- Coverage for Bankruptcy Litigation Expenses, Disaster Management Costs, Subpoena Expenses, and Litigation Expense Credit towards SIR for the use of approved mediation
- Additional legal costs provided outside the limit
- Target classes include (but not limited to) general contractors, environmental contractors, street and road contractors, plumbers, electrical contractors, and other trade contractors.
- Coverage provided by SiriusPoint
- Limits of liability up to $25M/$25M
- Policy terms up to three (3) years
- Project policies up to seventeen (17) years in total coverage (five-year term plus completed operations per state-specific statutes up to twelve years)
- Minimum premium of $5,000 for an annual policy
To get more information, submit business or communicate with an underwriter, contact our team via email: email@example.com
Distinguished Claims Motto:
"Supporting our Insureds every step of the way from claim to resolution."
At Distinguished, we prioritize our Insureds' needs and provide prompt attention to every claim submitted. Our in-house Claims Team of experienced attorneys is dedicated to addressing environmental, construction, and professional-related claims efficiently and effectively.
We partner with Cura to offer 24/7 emergency response services nationwide. Cura handles spill response management, regulatory notifications, waste disposal, and reporting for our Insureds.
Our Claims Team works closely with underwriters to understand our products and policies and bring real-time insights on emerging risks to help meet our Insureds' changing needs.