Charlotte, North Carolina is consistently ranked as one of the best places in the United States to live. Fueled by a booming economy, job growth, and a desirable quality of life, Charlotte’s housing and habitational markets have experienced a significant surge in demand over the last few years.
As a result, there’s been a significant spike in apartment developments and mixed-use properties being built in and around downtown Charlotte. Due to the high demand in this city, Distinguished has carefully selected Charlotte as one of the many markets we serve for specialized Landlord Insurance. In this article, we will cover the key benefits of our apartment building insurance in Charlotte, NC, and how Distinguished is making it easier than ever to submit business.
Charlotte, North Carolina, Now Part of Our City Insurance Program
Charlotte, North Carolina, has also attracted Distinguished Programs, as we have now added the city to the list of territories in our City Multifamily program. Queen City is ideal for our broker partners to garner some new business.
A Window into Our Apartment Insurance Program
Our City Multifamily program consists of a package policy that includes Property and General Liability insurance. Following are some of the key features of our City Multifamily Insurance program in Charlotte, North Carolina:
- We write apartment buildings and mixed-use buildings that have commercial retail on the ground floor and apartments or condos above – so you can target a wide range of risks.
- There are no age restrictions on the buildings we write. We will insure older properties as long as their building systems (e.g., electrical, HVAC) have been updated within the last 25 years.
- We write joisted masonry or better construction – from 2 to 100 units.
- Property coverage is written on an all-risks basis, with the property’s valuation based on replacement cost with an agreed-value amount.
- Sewer and Drain Backup coverage is included, providing protection for water damage and repair costs if a sewer or drain backs up into the building.
- Equipment Breakdown protection for building machinery, heating/cooling systems, and miscellaneous electrical apparatus is a part of our Property form to protect your insureds from the costs of unforeseen damages and expensive repairs.
- Ordinance or Law coverage (A, B, C) is automatically included in our Property coverage.
- You can offer additional coverages to beef up your insured’s protection, including Flood and Earthquake insurance.
You can also offer your clients access to a list of qualified tradespeople through Sedgwick Repair Services to take care of repairs when something goes wrong in their units or buildings. Offering them expert contractors to make repairs helps differentiate your agency from competitors.
On the Liability insurance side, we offer $1 million/$2 million in coverages with the ability to offer Hired and Non-Owned Auto and Employee Liability Benefits insurance.
Talk to Clients About Adding Umbrella Insurance
Additionally, you can provide insureds in Charlotte, North Carolina, with Umbrella insurance to extend their liability limits – critical in today’s litigious environment, where multimillion-dollar settlements and awards are commonplace. Our Express Real Estate Umbrella program provides limits from $1 million up to $10 million and includes broad coverages such as:
- Broad Named Insured Endorsement
- Crisis Response Coverage
- No Assault and Battery Exclusion
- No Abuse and Molestation Exclusion (for some risks)
Get the Royal Treatment from Distinguished
We’re always looking to make doing business with us easy and seamless:
- Our online submissions facilitate quick quote turnarounds, with responses delivered within 24 hours.
- Through our user-friendly portal, you can submit, quote, and bind at your convenience, with everything you need just a few clicks away.
- Our City Multifamily experts will help you with any questions you may have — just contact us for more information.
About Distinguished Programs
Distinguished Programs is a leading national insurance Program Manager providing specialized insurance programs to brokers and agents with specific expertise in Fine Art and Collectibles, Environmental and Construction Professionals, Executive Lines, Inland Marine, Real Estate, Community Associations, Hotels, and Restaurants. Property and liability products are distributed through a national network of agents and brokers. Serving the same core markets and partnering with the most stable and reputable carriers, Distinguished Programs’ high-limit umbrella programs remain the clear choice in its areas of specialty for superior coverage, competitive pricing, and attentive service. Through thoughtful innovation, stemming back to 1995, Distinguished Programs fosters growth and opportunities for its brokers, carriers, and employees.