Senior Underwriter – Location Open
January 4, 2021
The Senior Underwriter will work with the Program Manager to understand and execute and uphold the trajectory of the program. Serves as a mentor providing technical support, training, and problem solving for underwriters on an ongoing basis.
- Assists the Program Manager with administration and monitoring of underwriting rules and guidelines.
- Manages rating rules.
- Underwrite and document new and renewal policy transactions, within authority.
- Monitors data entry and processing to ensure data integrity.
- Communicates with agents, brokers and internal Sales team to obtain information needed to underwriter risks, respond to questions and address issues.
- Develop and maintain strong relationship and credibility with Sales Executives/Account Managers.
- Provide periodic product/underwriting training.
- Review underwriting requirements; refers applications or endorsement request to carrier for review and sign off.
- Conduct regular audits with Program Manager.
- Work with Program Manager to maintain Program Guidelines and Applications.
- Work with IT to implement program objectives.
- Participate in other company projects and new initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years of underwriting experience.
- Insurance license, AU, CIC or comparable designations preferred.
- Analytical and quantitative skills.
- Must be self driven detail oriented & possess strong organizational skills including time-management and prioritization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.