Regulatory Affairs Specialist
If you’re ready to “bring it,”, we’re ready for you to fly.
Build your future with DISTINGUISHED!
If you have a passion for innovation, have exceptional communication skills, and love to win as a team, then check out our Regulatory Affairs Specialist role at Distinguished Programs!
As a leading national insurance Program Manager, innovation has always been the hallmark of our continued success. We provide specialized insurance programs to brokers and agents with specific expertise in Real Estate, Community Associations, Hospitality & Restaurants. In our early days, we formed the first real estate purchasing group in the nation. Later on, we were one of the leaders in the industry to leverage digitization and introduced an online Portal so brokers could submit, quote and bind online. Today, we’re following those pioneering and innovative firsts by investing in product development, technology and most importantly: people.
Provide strategic and tactical support to the organization. Ensure that the company is compliant with all applicable federal and state regulations for licensing, surplus lines and other insurance lines of business. This position will interact with multiple internal departments (across all divisions and programs) and stakeholders including IT, Accounting, Claims and various Program Management teams. This position will report to the Managing Vice President – Operations Department.
- Investigate and document local state laws and statutes.
- Define reporting and filing requirements with the insurance departments of the states.
- Research and prepare disclosures in compliance with state regulation.
- Organize and distribute all applicable state specific forms.
- Maintain the master files for all current state specific documents and procedures.
- Understand and support the overall filing strategy for the company.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of firm systems.
- Provide support to business units on filing-related issues.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree required; will consider all majors.
- 2-4 years in insurance compliance and/or Surplus Lines administration or related disciplines, or
- 2-4 years experience as a paralegal.
- Property & Casualty Insurance Industry experience within a Program Manager / Retail Broker / Carrier organization is preferred but not required.
- Behavioral/Technical Skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft programs, such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Prior experience with Surplus Lines Electronic Filing Systems a +
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Strong research and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong leadership, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation and benefit package including health, dental, life insurance, 401k with company match and sabbatical program.
- Bonus based on performance and at discretion of company.
- Primary location preference: New Jersey, Pennsylvania (Philadelphia), or New York.