If you’re ready to “bring it,”, we’re ready for you to fly.
Build your future with DISTINGUISHED!
If you have a passion for innovation, have exceptional communication skills, and love to win as a team, then check out our Premier Underwriter role at Distinguished Programs!
As a leading national insurance Program Manager, innovation has always been the hallmark of our continued success. We provide specialized insurance programs to brokers and agents with specific expertise in Real Estate, Community Associations, Hospitality & Restaurants. In our early days, we formed the first real estate purchasing group in the nation. Later on, we were one of the leaders in the industry to leverage digitization and introduced an online Portal so brokers could submit, quote and bind online. Today, we’re following those pioneering and innovative firsts by investing in product development, technology and most importantly: people.
Responsible for underwriting a book of complex hotel, resort and casino risks, rating and processing accounts in accordance with underwriting standards, service standards, program guidelines and personal underwriting authority. This includes gathering necessary information from brokers, negotiating with carriers, preparing & delivering proposals and soliciting feedback/expectations from brokers.
What You’d be Doing:
- Commercial underwriting within Guidelines and Authority.
- Evaluate renewal accounts to ensure proper risk selection, premium and coverage based on established underwriting guidelines and service standards.
- Manage and track ongoing service requests from broker including endorsements, requests for policy information, other data.
- Meet all file documentation standards, complying with underwriting and authority level standards, and passing all audits (both internal and external).
- Responsible for monitoring production, hit ratios, renewal retention ratios, and other production and quality measures.
- Identify opportunities to improve underwriting efficiencies by examining critical areas such as loss ratio, costs, and retention ratio.
- Build a working knowledge of insurance coverage and contracts; ability to analyze forms and coverages.
- Obtain and understand market intel and trends.
- Develop relationships with both external and internal customers, with the “customer experience” in mind.
- Deliver an exceptional customer experience with every interaction, in all modes of communication.
- Work independently within deadlines while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with stakeholders.
- Promote teamwork and organizational success, while accepting accountability and ownership.
We are looking for someone that has/is:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Three to 5 years commercial underwriting and/or account management experience within the insurance industry.
- A valid Agent’s or Broker’s License per state requirements.
- Has a thorough understanding of General Liability, Auto Liability and Umbrella coverages
- Must be self-driven, detail oriented, and possess strong organizational skills including time-management and prioritization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including negotiation skills.
- Must occasionally be willing to work evenings, holidays, and weekends to meet business needs.
- Insurance designations are a plus including CPCU, ARM, AU and CIC
Distinguished Programs, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.