Business Technology Specialist
Who are we?
We are Distinguished. A leading national insurance Program Manager providing specialized insurance programs to brokers and agents with specific expertise in Real Estate, Community Associations, Hospitality & Restaurants. We are transforming from being a traditional Insurance MGA to a Technology focused company and we need your expertise and drive to get there. You will have an opportunity get to work with an energetic, passionate and team that is committed to building a best in class system, as well as a best place to work.
Our values define our business. At Distinguished Programs you will achieve goals focused in the best interest of our customer. INTEGRITY plays a crucial role in the way Distinguished does business.
INNOVATION enables us to remain an industry trendsetter. You will be involved in projects that advance our products, processes, and people! You will collaborate with leaders in the organization and build RELATIONSHIPS with your colleagues and customers. Capitalize on your interests and strengths to drive an enrichment focused path allowing your determination to launch your career in an industry of endless opportunities. Bring your passion to the work you do, the people you impact and the success we ACHIEVE together.
Role and Responsibilities
The Business Technology Specialist will act as a liaison between the business units and IT. The Business Technology Specialist’s tasks will include:
- Accountable for Approved Product Backlog Items, including initial review, revising to meet minimum standards and working with business to prioritize.
- Work with project teams to assess and design requirements.
- Maintain up-to-date offline program requirement documents.
- Actively participate in the Scrum process, including planning and assisting developers.
- Facilitate User Testing.
- Communicate with stakeholders both to solicit expertise/feedback and manage expectations.
- Achieve acceptable KPIs related to backlog item lifecycle.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Organizational skills with the Ability to track multiple goals and deadlines.
- Responsiveness to time sensitive and urgent responsibilities.
- Strong analytical capabilities with an ability to break down business problems or complex issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- A flexible and adaptable attitude to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Must be self-driven and detail oriented.
- Ability to think critically while creatively solving problems.
- Possess a strong understanding of the capabilities and limitations of all technical tools and software utilized by the Business.
- Prior experience in a Business Analyst or similar role.
- Familiarity with Agile development methods (Scrum, Kanban, etc).
- Proficiency writing functional requirements.
- Experience with Duck Creek, or a similar enterprise insurance system.
- Experience with Salesforce, or similar enterprise CRM.
What we offer you:
- A great working environment that lives continuous improvement and encourages sharing ideas and taking risks to find better ways of doing things.
- A culture that promotes great relationships both inside and outside the office through activities in our community and company-sponsored intramural clubs and events.
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision from day one and 401(k) matching.
Distinguished Programs, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.