Through the Broker Portal, you can easily quote and bind your Vacant Building and Builders Risk business. To learn how to quote and bind online follow the steps below.
If you have Vacant Building or Builders Risk business, you can self-service bind if:
- The submission is in quoted status
- The effective date is current or future date
- No changes need to be made on the quote
Step 1: Login to Broker Portal
Step 2: Go to the Broker Portal Dashboard
Step 3: Click on Quotes
Step 4: Search for your submission
Step 5: Click Edit on the far-right hand side
Step 6: Go to the Pricing and Options tab
Step 7: Confirm the submission is in quote status (Submission: Quoted), if not, click the plus sign next to Quote
Step 8: Verify all information is correct including term and effective date. For issues with changing effective date see Best Practices section below.
Step 9: Scroll down to agree to the Pre-Bind Subjectivities
Step 10: Scroll down to select a Billing Option:
b. Direct Bill
Step 11: At the bottom of the page choose I Agree for the E-Signature to Bind This Policy
Step 12: Go to the top of the page and click the plus sign next to Bind & Issue
Step 13: Choose Automated Bind & Issue
Step 14: The policy is now bound. The contact from your office listed on the bottom of the broker tab will receive the documents by email
Broker Portal Submission Best Practices
The following issues may occur in this process. If these issues are not able to be resolved, please send to an underwriter for assistance at email@example.com. For faster routing, always put your submission number in the subject line of your email.
Not able to Bind:
- Ensure that the submission is not checked out by another user.
- No bind button – Check to make sure the submission is in quote status.
- For Builders Risk – If the builder information is not complete or it does not say “builder known” you will not be allowed to bind.
a. Go back to the insured tab and double-check builder information.
Changing the effective date:
- You can change the effective date from the insured tab on the left-side of the screen.
- Scroll about halfway down the page under the “Policy Details Insured” header.
- You can then navigate back to the pricing and options tab on the left side of the screen for binding.
For service-related requests please contact Distinguished Programs Customer Service:
Phone number: 888-355-4626
Need help right away? Click here for Live Chat
For product or appetite questions, contact your Sales Executive. You can find them here.